GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated:13.01.2011
The General Manager (P)
All Indian Railways
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Re-engagement of retired staff on daily remuneration basis in exigencies of service.
Keeping in view the acute shortage of staff in various categories of posts owing to various reasons and consequent hampering of the Railway’s services, Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to permit General Managers to re-engage retired employees with the following conditions:
1. Railway should issuo necessary notificatioi for such re-engagement by giving wide publicity through open advertisement so that all may get equal opportunity.
2. Re-engaged employees should not have been covered under the Safety Related Retirement Scheme/Liberalized Active Retirement Scheme for Guaranteed Employment for Safety Staff (LARSGESS).
3. While engaging such staff, medical fitness of the appropriate category should be obtained from the designated authorities.
4. Suitabitity/Competency of the staff should also be adjudged before Engaging and the issue of their safety record should be addressed.
5. Maximum age limit or such re-engagement shall be 62 years end this limit shall not be exceeded in case of any retired railway employees during the period of re-engagement.
6. While engaging such staff and assigning duties to them, it must be ensured that safety and other operational requirements are adequately addressed.
7. Remuneration to such staff be made as stipulated vide this Ministry’s letter No. E(NG)II/2007/RC-4/CORE/1 dated 11.12.2009 (in each and ever case of engagement of retired employee, the daily allowances plus full pension should not exceed the last pay drawn).
8. The scheme will be valid up to December 2011. This may be terminated if adequate staff become available.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
Jt. Director Es.tt. (N)IT