GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, the 6th January, 2011
No. E(W)2008/PS 5-1/38
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways and
Sub: Revised pay limits for entitlement of Passes/PTOs on the basis of Pay drawn in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008.
Consequent upon revision of Pay Scales on the basis of decision of the Government on the recommendations of the Central Pay Commission, the question of revision of existing entitlements to Passes/PTOs under the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition, 1993) has been under consideration of this Ministry.
2. The matter has been examined and the President is pleased to decide that the entitlements of Passes/PTOs in respect of railway servants drawing pay in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 shall be as under:-
|S.No||Category||Type of Privilege Pass & Privilege Ticket Order||Type of Duty Pass|
|1.||Group ‘A’ & Group ‘B’ (Gazetted)||: Ist Class ‘A’ Pass||Ist Class ‘A’ Pass|
|2.||Non-Gazetted employees :|
|–||(i) In Grade Pay Rs.4200/- and above||: Ist Class Pass||Ist Class Pass|
|–||(ii) In Grade Pay Rs.2800/-||: IInd Class ‘A’ Pass*||IInd Class ‘A’ Pass*|
|–||(iii) In Grade Pay Rs.1900/- and above but below Grade Pay Rs.2,800/-||: One IInd Class ‘A’ Pass* in a year, remaining passes and PTOs of Second/Sleeper Class.||IInd Class ‘A’ Pass*|
|–||(iv) Employees Grade Pay Rs.1800/-||: One IInd Class ‘A’ Pass* in a year, remaining passes and PTOs of Second/Sleeper Class.||Second / Sleeper Class Pass|
*Note: In terms of the extant instructions, the holder of IInd Class, ‘A’ pass shall be entitled to travel by AC-3 tier calss in trains other than Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto Exp. trains. IInd Class ‘A’ Pass is of yellow colour.
3. In all other respects, the provisions of the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986(Second Edition, 1993) will apply.
4. The Railway employees who are already entitled to 1st Class Passes, shall continue to draw 1st Class Passes, irrespective of their eligibility in terms of these orders.
5. Necessary amendment to the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules, 1986 (Second Edition,1993) shall follow.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
Joint Director Establishment (Welfare)