Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988 – Fulfillment of Procedural requirements
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: January 11, 2016
Subject:- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel concession) Rules, 1988 – Fulfillment of Procedural requirements.
This Department is in receipt of a number of references regarding the procedural difficulties faced by the Government employees in application and settlement of the LTC claims. Sometimes, the Government servants claim that failure to follow the correct procedure was on account of a lack of knowledge of the rules/instructions while in the other cases the delay is caused in the late processing of LTC claims.
2. To remove these bottlenecks, this Department has decided to simplify the procedure of application and make the procedure of processing of LTC claims time bound. The following time-limits shall be followed while processing the LTC applications/claims of the Government servants.
|S.No.||Course of action||Time limit|
|1.||Leave Sanction||5 days + 2 days*|
|2.||Sanction of LTC advance||5 days + 2 days*|
|3.||Time taken by Administration for verification of LTC claim after the LTC bill is submitted by the Government employee for settlement.||10 days + 2 days*|
|4.||Time taken by DDO||5 days + 2 days*|
|5.||Time taken by PAO||5 days + 2 days*|
It may be noted that in cases where the place of posting of the Government employees is away from their Headquarters, additional 2 days transit-time may be allowed. The person proceeds on LTC after S.No.1 and 2 i.e. after ten days of applying LTC.
3. Under CCS (LTC) Ruler, the Government servants are required to inform their Controlling Officer before the journey(s) on LTC to be undertaken. It has now been decided that the Leave Sanctioning Authority shall obtain a self-certification from the employee regarding the proposed LTC journey. The proforma for self-certification has been annexed with this O.M.
4. In addition to the above, it has been decided that whenever a Government servant applies for LTC, he/she may be provided with a copy of the guidelines (enclosed) which needs to be followed while availing LTC.
5. Employees may be encouraged to share interesting insights and pictures, if any, of the destination he/she visited while availing LTC on an appropriate forum.
6. Comments of the above proposal may be furnished within 15 days via e-mail to email address [email protected]
(Surya Narayan Jha)
Under Secretary to the Government of India