Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 003
Dated, 5th August, 2010.
Subject : Promotion of UDCs of Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS) to the Assistant’s Grade of Central Secretariat Service (CSS) on ad-hoc basis.
The undersigned is directed to say that while approving the Cadre Restructuring of CSS, Cabinet had inter-alia decided upgrading of 1467 posts of UDCs to Assistant Grade of CSS. These posts are to be filled up on as is where is basis and hence there would be no change in the overall strength of Assistant/UDC in each cadre unit. Additional posts to the extent necessary to accommodate ad-hoc appointees, as per above scheme of things, would be deemed to have been upgraded in each Cadre. Since the regular promotion for the Select List year 2007, 2008 & 2009 have still not been finalized, it has been decided to make ad-hoc promotions from the Grade of UDC of CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS of the following category :
i) All eligible UDCs upto Select List Year 2001, in case of General and SC categories;
ii) All eligible UDCs upto Select List Year 2005, in case of ST category.
2. All the Cadre Units are requested to consider the cases of above category of UDCs for ad-hoc promotion to Assistant Grade and to issue promotion orders subject to their fitness and clearance from vigilance angle. These ad-hoc promotion would be initially for a period upto 31/12/2010 or until further orders or till regular. Assistants become available through the normal mode of recruitment as prescribed under the CSS Rules, whichever is earlier.
3. The above category of officials may be promoted/appointed as Assistants on ad-hoc basis, after assessing their suitability for promotion by screening the records (ACRs) of the officials by the appointing authorities and also after ensuring that no vigilance case is either pending or being contemplated against the officials. The ad-hoc promotion/appointment is subject to following conditions: -
i) the ad-hoc appointment shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List or to claim seniority in the Assistants Grade of CSS:
ii) ad-hoc appointments may be terminated at any point of time without giving any reason therefor;
iii) the appointment on ad-hoc basis will take effect from the date of taking over charge of the post of Assistant of CSS:
iv) the ad-hoc appointment in Assistant Grade would he continued only if they attend and qualify the mandatory training as and when nominated by CS.I (Training) Section of this Department failing which their ad-hoc appointment would be terminated.
4. If any of the officials, who are covered, are on deputation, he/she may he given the option to revert within one month to avail of the ad-hoc promotion.
5. All the Cadre Units are requested to take necessary action and the whole process may be completed on top priority basis within a period of one month latest by 6th September 2010. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department. A report indicating the name and details of the UDCs who have been appointed/promoted to the post of Assistant on ad-hoc basis as well as those who have not been found fit, with reasons therefor. may be sent to this Department by 15th September 2010 in the prescribed proforma enclosed.
6. It is likely that less than 1467 UDCs would be available upto the select list of 2001. Further zone will be issued as soon as information about promotions is received as per para 5 above. Revised cadre strength of Assistant and UDC will be notified ensuring that combined strength of Assistants and UDCs remains unchanged in any cadre unit, after the exercise is complete.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Continue to read…