DA of Punjab govt employees hiked
The dearness allowance paid to government employees in Punjab has been hiked from 27 to 35 per cent on the pattern of central government employees.
Making the announcement here today, Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal said the hike which takes effect from January one this year would put an additional burden of Rs 713.89 crore on the state exchequer in the current fiscal.
The Minister said that the decision would also benefit the pensioners and they would be paid 8 per cent Additional DA.
He said that the arrears of the DA till May 31, 2010 would be deposited in the GPF of the employees and would be paid in cash from June one, 2010.
- DA of Punjab govt employees hiked
- By 6%, To Benefit 7 Lakh Odisha Govt Employees, Pensioners
- Cabinet approves 10% hike in DA for central govt employees
- 5 per cent interim relief released by HP govt
- 7th Pay Commission – Cabinet approves 23.6% overall pay hike