Eight per cent DA hike for UP govt employees
The Uttar Pradesh government yesterday announced an eight per cent hike in dearness allowance for its employees from January one this year.
There are around 16 lakh employees who would get happier with this news which means that Dearness Allowance would now stand at 35% of the basic pay.
This major decisions would cover the employees from every field be it aided teaching, teachers of technical institutions, teaching staff, municipal bodies and employees of state government offices. This will bring an additional burden of Rs 1,635.5 crore on the state exchequer.
The arrears from January to July will be deposited in the Provident Fund while from August the additional DA will be paid in cash, the release said.
DA is paid to the UP Government employees twice a year i.e. January and July. It is the similar process which central government follows and state government also raises the DA as per the hike provided by central government.
Source : PTI
- 10% Dearness Allowance Hike for West Bengal State Govt. Employees
- 7% of Additional DA may declare in the this month for all CG Employees
- Assam Govt hikes DA, DR by 6 per cent for its employees
- 7 per cent hike in DA for MP employees
- DA of Punjab govt employees hiked