GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 92/2010< New Delhi, Dated 29-06-2010
The General Manager
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per mailing list)
Sub:- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railways pensioners/family pensioners-regarding.
In pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Fifth Central Pay Commission, instructions regarding grant of Fixed Medical Allowance @ Rs.100/- p.m. to Railway Pensioners/Family
Pensioners were issued vide Board’s letter No.PC-V/98/I/7/1/1 dated 21-4-99 and subsequently amended from time to time; the last being letter No. PC-V/2006/A/Med./1 dated 15.09.2009.
2. In this connection, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoP&PW), the nodal Department on the subject have advised vide OM No. 4/25/2008-P&PW), dated 25-05-2010 that the demand for
enhancement of Fixed Medical Allowance has been under consideration of the Government for some time past and the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance has been enhanced from Rs.100/-
to Rs.300/- per month. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be in force.
3. These orders shall take effect from 01-09-2008.
4. This issue with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy. Director, Pay Commission – V
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railway Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme drawing additional relief on death /disability of railway servant
- Grant of FMA Rs.100/- p.m. to Central Government pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS
- IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all Pensioners
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Fixed Medical Allowance on 5.5.2015