State govt staff federation to support bundh
The All India State Government Employees Federation convened a national executive meeting on Saturday here and decided to support the Bharat Bundh.
The federation also decided to participate in the national convention of trade unions at New Delhi on July 15, supported by the All India State Government Employees Federation and Confederation of Central Government Employees Workers Organisations.
Central and State government staffers would be requesting for the following demands to be met during the convention.
* To hold price rise of essential commodities by strengthening the public distribution system.
* Fill up the vacancies in government departments through regular employment.
* To abolish contractorisation, privitisation and outsourcing in governmental functions.
* To withdraw the PFRDA Bill and to desist all attempts to do away with social security schemes.
* To guarantee the right to strike as a fundamental right of the employees