Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
313, ‘D’ Wing, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi -110108
Email: [email protected]
Dated 11th,January, 2011
Subject:Delegation of powers of Head of Department to Head of Office for settling permission cases and post facto approval to reimbursement in relaxation of rules in emergent cases under CGHS/CS(MA) Rules, 1944.
The undersigned is directed to invite reference to para (ii) of this Ministry’s Office Memorandum NO.S.14012/9/75-MC (MS) dated 18.06.1982, as mentioned at point 4 under Appendix-VIII of CS(MA) Rules, 1944 relating to reimbursement in relaxation of rules in emergent cases, which stipulates that powers for settling permission cases and post facto approval should not be exercised by authorities lower than Heads of Departments.
2. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has examined the question of further delegation of powers to Head of Offices/officers at Under Secretary level, in such offices, which are not headed by officers equivalent to a Deputy Secretary, in the matter and it has been decided with the approval of the competent authority to delegate such powers in the following manner:-
“In case of medical reimbursement, delegation of power can be given to Under Secretaries in the Departments of Central Government declared as Heads of Offices subject to the condition that upto Rs. two thousand for taking treatment in OPD and upto Rs. Five thousand for taking treatment in IPD under CGHS/CS(MA) Rules, 1944. This delegation of powers can be exercised as per the prescribed rate list of nearest CGHS covered city or actual whichever is lower for CS(MA} beneficiaries and as per package rate for CGHS beneficiaries in CGHS
3. This order is applicable to both CGHS and CS(MA) beneficiaries.
4. This Office Memorandum issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance vide 10 No 14(1)/E.IIA/2010 dated 06.07.2010.
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
- Treatment availed in emergency circumstances – CGHS Orders
- Medical Reimbursement under CGHS : Enhancement of ceiling rate from Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Reimbursement of Cost of Neuro-implants for CGHS/CS(MA) beneficiaries – CGHS Orders dt.9.7.2018
- Reimbursement of cost of Neuro-implants for CGHS/CS(MA) beneficiaries
- Delegation of Financial Powers to CGM and HoC – Department of Posts