GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. PC-VI/ 311
New Delhi, dated 22-01-2013.
RBE No. 05/2013
The General Manager
All Indian Railways & Pus
(As per mailing list)
Sub:- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme drawing additional relief on death /disability of railway servant.
The Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) is granted to Railway pensioners/family pensioners in terms of instructions contained in Board’s letter dated 21-4-99, 1-3-2004 and subsequent clarifications issued from time to time.
Grant of FMA to the railway beneficiaries of NPS drawing additional relief on death/disability of railway servant in terms of Board’s letter No. 2008/AC-II/21/19 dated 29-5-2009 has been examined in consultation with Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare. Since in terms of para 602 of IRMM-2000, railway employees are entitled for medical attendance and treatment facilities, free of charge, the NPS railway pensioners drawing additional relief on death/disability of Railway servant in terms of Board’s letter dated 29-5-2009 and staying beyond 2.5 KMs from the nearest Railway Hospital/Health unit can get a RELHS card by paying necessary amount to enable them to obtain indoor treatment. They are also entitled to draw FMA as fixed by the Government. The necessary amount for getting RELHS Card as prescribed in Board’s letter No. 2003/H/28/1/RELHS dt. 16.3.2009 are as under:
|(i) The employees who have already retired.||
A sum equivalent to double the amount of revised basic pension after the implementation of VIth CPC.
|(ii) Family pensioners||
A sum equivalent to double the amount of revised family pension after the implementation of VIth CPC.
2. As and when the Health Insurance is introduced in Railways, the New Pension Scheme railway pensioners would be shifted to the Health Insurance Scheme.
3. These orders are issued with the concurrence by Health and Finance Directorates of the Ministry of Railways.
4. Hindi Version is enclosed.
Dy.Director, Pay Commission-V
Source : NFIR
- Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by NPS
- Revision of Disability of Government servants or Additional Relief on death covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railway Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- 7th Central Pay Commission : Revision of pension of pre-2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners – R.B.E. No. : 97/2016
- RELHS-97: Join as members without any Time Limit – NFIR