Revision of HRA for Karnataka State Govt employees
Karnataka Government has decided to revise the places and rate of House Rent Allowance to the employees working under State Government.
Earlier the Government has constituted a committee as Official Pay Committee 2011, as per recommendations of the committee the places of cities and towns are classified into 4 types for the purpose of HRA with the connection of population based.
Now the Government has approved to re-classify the Urban and Rural areas in the State as A, B and C categories for the purpose of HRA and the revise the rates accordingly…
|Population||Classification||Rate of HRA as % of Basic Pay|
|25 Lakh and above||A||30%|
|5 Lakh and above but less than 25 Lakh||B||20%|
|Less than 5 Lakh||C||10%|
- Release of caste based census data
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!
- Hike in House Rent Allowance for Bank Employees as per 2011 Census
- CPI for Rural, Urban and Combined for the month of October 2017
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of March 2011