Jammu & Kashmir Employees Retirement Age hiked to 60, on par with Central Government Staff
During the cabinet meeting of June 3 that was presided over by J&K Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, it was decided to increase the retirement age of state employees from 58 to 60, on par with the Central Government employees.
It is worth mentioning here that the resolution marks the successful culmination of more than 6 years of protests and demands made by various employees unions across the state. There are also talks that the decision was made with the Lok Sabha elections in mind, which are due at the end of this year.
The minimum age limit to qualify for state government employment has also been increased by three years to 40.
A copy of the Government Order in this regard is given here.
- Retirement Age of CG Employees – CGEN.in
- LIC Wage Revision : No Strike on 14.10.2015 – Final talks on 16th, 17th October 2015
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks
- Retirement Age 62 – Cabinet decision to increase retirement age deferred
- No Increase or Decrease the Age of Retirement of CG Employees