4 Months Extension to 7th Pay Commission – Employees Disappointed
With the 18 months time given to the 7th Pay Commission to submit its report coming to an end in August, the Government has given an extension of another four months. The government says that the extension was given because the commission had asked for it. Many are not ready to believe that the 7th Pay Commission, which was almost ready to submit its report, had suddenly requested for an extension. They wonder what the necessity was for this extra time.
Two months ago, on July 24, 2015, the 7th Pay Commission had, on its official website, voluntarily said that work is on and it will be completed well within schedule. Even until the second week of August, there were no indications from the members of the 7th Pay Commission that they would require an extension. In these circumstances, the fact that the 7th Pay Commission has suddenly requested for additional time has caught many by surprise.
Even on 7.8.2015, NC Staff Side Secretary Shri. Shiva Gopal Mishra informed after meeting with 7th Pay Commission that one month may be delayed to submit the report to Govt. And consecutive news from various media, including PTI had published that the chariman of 7th CPC Justice Ashok Mathur assured to submit the report by the end of September.
- 7th Pay Commission Report Delay – Karnataka COC
- Cabinet Agrees to Give 4 Months Extension to 7th Pay Commission
- Submission date of 7th Pay Commission Report to Central Government – Review by COC Karnataka
- Seventh Pay Commission likely to submit its final report on November 20 : Times of India
- An analysis of extending the term of 7th Pay Commission – GServants