Clarification on Uniform Fitment Factor recommended by 7th Pay Commission
Uniform Fitment Factor recommended by 7th Pay Commission to arrive revised Basic Pay is 2.57
But there is a confusion among Central government employees about the Fitment Factor used by 7th Pay Commission to arrive rationalised Entry Pay in the Table : 4 provided in its Report.
The doubt raised by many of our readers are ..
1. Why there are 6 types of Fitment factors mentioned in Table : 4..? [ 2.57, 2.62,2.67, 2.72,2.78,2.81]
2. why shouldn’t they are used for arriving the revised Pay ..?
3. Whether using 2.57 to calculate 7th CPC revised pay for all basic pay is correct or not ?
Let us now be clear about the recommendations on the above issues.
1.. Why there are 6 types of Fitment factors mentioned in Table :4..? [ 2.57, 2.62,2.67, 2.72,2.78,2.81]
Though the commission has recommended 2.57 as uniform Fitment factor for all Pay scales to arrive revised Pay, the 7th pay commission wanted to increase the quantum hike between Pay Scales of Groups [GROUP A,B and C] also . Because sixth Pay commission recommended significant hike between Pay Bands to show the difference between three Groups (A,B and C) in respect of Pay Scale.
In Simple term, the 7th pay commission wanted to grant significant hike for the one who is moving to Higher Group on account of Promotion or non functional up gradation, like it was granted in sixth Pay commission ..
If one gets promotion from GP 2800 to GP 4200,
Minimum pay in the Pay Band also to be taken into account for Fixation of Pay in GP 4200 because the individual is moving from PB-I to PB-II. On Pay Fixation, the Basic Pay (GP +BP ) if arrived is below the Minimum Basic Pay of Rs.13500 of the PB-II , the Basic Pay on account of Promotion to GP 4200 will be fixed as Rs.13500. Here it has to be noted that not only the hike in grade pay but hike in Pay Band also involved in fixation Pay when one is moving from one Pay band to another Pay band.
To maintain the difference between Three Groups of employees and HAG scales the multiple Fitment factors used to arrive rationalised entry pay to distinguish the Group A, B and C Employees
So the specific Fitment Factors used to arrive Entry Pay for a Particular Group is to show the significance of that Group in Respect of Minimum Basic Pay. So if Group Change involves when one gets Promotion or non functional up gradation, there will be some hike in Pay also there, apart from moving to next Level.
2. why shouldn’t all these Fitments factors be used for arriving the revised Pay ..?
Now it is clear that these Fitment factors are used only to arrive Entry Pay of Pay Scales for Particular Groups and HAG Scales. so these Fitment factors should not be used to calculate our revised pay of 7th Pay commission.
3. Whether using 2.57 to calculate 7th CPC revised pay for all Basic Pay is correct or not ?
Yes. Using the Fitment Factor 2.57 for all Pay scale to calculate 7th CPC revised pay is correct. As per 7th CPC recommendations the uniform Fitment factor to be used to arrive revised Pay for serving employees, is 2.57.
Source : http://www.gservants.com/
- Uniform Fitment Factor recommended by 7th Pay Commission
- 7th CPC DA calculation should give same benefit of Sixth CPC
- 7th CPC Notification – CG employees are Expecting Eagerly
- Raising Retirement Age of CG Employees to 62 years from 60
- Expected DA Calculation – Fitment Factor of 7th CPC