7th CPC recommendations for Assistant Research Officers
Department of Higher Education : Assistant Research Officers, Central Hindi Directorate
With a cadre strength of 68 employees, the cadre of Research officers in the Central Hindi Directorate (CHD) is responsible for preparing the corpus for lexicographical assignments and curriculum for correspondence courses. Their cadre structure is as under:
The educational qualification required for the post of ARO is Master’s Degree plus three years’ experience in teaching or research.
Their association has demanded better pay scales on grounds of historical parity with
Analysis and Recommendations : At the outset, it should be made clear that University Lecturers do not fall under the ambit of the Commission and they follow a pay structure that is different from Central Government employees. For e.g. their pay structure includes Grade Pays of ₹6000, ₹7000, ₹8000, ₹9000, etc. which are not present in the current pay structure of Central Government employees. Hence, any comparison with them would not be appropriate.
The Commission also notes that the post of Research Officer, which was hitherto in GP 4800, was upgraded and merged with the post of Assistant Director (L) recently, in June, 2014. No further change in the structure is now warranted. Accordingly, no recommendations are made.
- List of vacancies are available in SBI, NPCI, ECL, UPSC and Delhi University – Latest Job Highlights from 25.4.2015 to 1.5.2015
- NMDC requires 262 various posts – Employment News weekly report
- 7th pay Commission Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy Revised Pay Rules 2016
- Employment News Weekly Report – SCR requires 2030 RPF/RPSF Women Constables – Last Date 1.3.2016
- 7th CPC Recommendations : Upgradation of GP 4200, 4600 and 4800 for the Employees of the Supreme Court