IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all Pensioners
IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all retired employees & Pensioners in its memorandum submitted to the Joint Secretary of Implementation Cell, 7th Central Pay Commission as follows…
“Fixed Medical Allowance (Para 8.17.51)
FMA: Grant of Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all retired employees & Pensioners
i) The cost had exorbitantly increased for the Medicines, Consultation Fee and cost of Pathological Test required for day to day medical treatment since 1997 (when the FMA was initially granted) and this had risen at a much steeper rate the Price Index.
ii) A large proportion of Pensioners were residing in remote areas or villages having no excess to CGHS Dispensaries & Railway Hospitals and are as such, are wholly dependent on the paltry amount of FMA for day to day treatment of self & spouse.
It is, therefore, requested that the FMA may please be revised to atleast Rs.2000 p.m.”
Authority : IRTSA Memorandum
- Recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission relating to Pension/Retirement Benefits – RSCWS
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) : Views of Indian Audit and Accounts Department
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA)
- CGHS facilities for retired employees of Indian Council for Cultural Relations – CGHS Orders on 2.12.2015
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Fixed Medical Allowance on 5.5.2015