Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) : Views of Indian Audit and Accounts Department
4. Common Issues
Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to retired Govt. Servants:
The Commission has maintained status quo of the Fixed Medical Allowance which is presently paid @ Rs. 500/- per month.
The costs have increased for medicines, consultations fees and Pathological Tests required for day to day medical treatment. This has risen at a much steeper rate than that of the General Price Index. A large number of pensioners are residing in remote areas or villages having no access to CGHS dispensaries and as such are wholly dependent on the paltry amount of Fixed Medical Allowance for day to day treatment.. Therefore it needs to be revised to at least Rs. 2000/- per month.
- IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all Pensioners
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA)
- 7th Pay Commission report on Fixed Medical Allowance
- Recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission relating to Pension/Retirement Benefits – RSCWS
- Reimbursement of Medical Claims to Pensioners under CS(MA) Rules 1944 as directed by various CATs and Courts