Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS): Views of Indian Audit & Accounts Department
Views of Indian Audit & Accounts Department
Assured Career Progression was introduced in 1999 with a view to grant at least two financial up gradations at an interval of 12 and 24 years where officials are stagnating for want of promotion. It was further modified to 03 financial up gradations on the recommendations of the 6th CPC. However, the 7 th CPC recommended continuing with the same without any change. Also the bench mark has been increased from ‘Good’ to ‘ Very Good’
There should be at least four financial upgradations in entire service career of an employee at regular interval of 8 years. Hence, the MACPS may be granted to an employee after completion of 8, 16, 24 and 32 years of service.
Further, the bench mark for financial up gradation may be continued as per the existing practice – i.e. the bench mark prescribed for the post for promotion.
- Government’s acceptance of 7th CPC recommendation – MACPs
- Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- 7th CPC MACP – Government Resolution
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Clarification regarding