NPS subscribers of Central Government are 14.1% of the total subscribers as Jan 2016
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
02-February-2016 16:35 IST
1.15 Crore Subscribers for National Pension System (NPS) as on 23.1.2016
National Pension System (NPS) had 11,459,555 subscribers with a total corpus of Rs. 90, 327 crore as on 23rd January, 2016. The total Assets under Management are worth Rs. 109,140 crore while Assets under Management per subscriber is Rs. 95,000 on an average.
The number of NPS Subscribers of the Central Government are 1611,020 with a total corpus of Rs. 34,754 crore while subscribers from the different State Governments are 2,859,094 with a total corpus of Rs. 45,486 crore. The number of NPS subscribers in the Corporate Sector are 448,509 while in Unorganized Sector is 128,484, the total being 576,993. The number of subscribers under NPS Lite include 4,463,637 and under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) 1,948,811, with a total number of subscribers 6,412,448 in these two categories.
NPS subscribers of Central Government are 14.1% of the total subscribers while that of the State Governments are 24.9%. The NPS subscribers under NPS Lite constitute 39% while under APY 17% of the total subscribers.
Since PFRDA has completed two years of its statutory status on 1st February, 2016, to mark this occasion, PFRDA in collaboration with all its intermediaries in the National Pension System including Central and State Governments’ Nodal Offices, POPs, Aggregators, Central Recordkeeping Agency and NPS Trust etc. is observing NPS Service Week from 1st to 6th February, 2016. This week-long campaign is being dedicated to service-orientation towards the subscribers and aimed at awareness building and improved information dissemination. During this Service Week, besides sharing of information on the range of functionalities and services now available under the NPS, the subscriber community will be apprised about the need for constant updation of data/information to enable the system to operate at its optimum service level, so that the intended benefits can reach all the employees/subscribers under NPS. Besides, the subscribers will also be able to make best use of all the opportunities and facilities.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) is organizing the 2nd Pension Conclave in national Capital on 4th February 2016 with the theme, “Towards Universal Pension: Coverage, Adequacy and Sustainability” in which all the stake holders are expected to participate and share their experiences. PFRDA proposes to use this occasion to acknowledge/award the best performing banks and Post Offices in mobilization and registration of subscribers under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) up to 31st December 2015, and institute awards for best performing POPs under the Voluntary segment of the National Pension System.
Earlier, PFRDA launched NPS Awareness Programme for State autonomous bodies, Unorganized Sector, Corporate Sector and other categories in order to highlight the benefits of joining NPS and has requested the various State Governments to implement NPS more inclusively among the State Autonomous Bodies, Boards, Corporations, Societies, Universities and State aided institutions under various State Government departments. During the awareness programme, key features and benefits of NPS, details and process of joining NPS, details about NPS architecture investment and exit guidelines of NPS are highlighted.
Source: PIB News
- Updation of AADHAR no. in PRAN of Subscribers
- Benefits of National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Subscriber details of CG Employees under National Pension System as on 3.10.2015
- PFRDA seeks the support of State Governments for Atal Pension Yojana for a wider reach
- NPS has more than One crore subscribers with total AUM of more than Rs.1,60,000 crores