7th Pay Commission Latest NEWS – Empowered Committee Meeting may be held Today
7th Pay Commission: Secy panel to give final nod to salary hike on Tuesday
New Delhi: The Empowered Committee of Secretaries headed by the Cabinet Secretary Pradeep Kumar Sinha will now meet on Tuesday (June 13) to finally process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission which will have bearing on the remuneration of 47 lakh central government employees and 52 lakh pensioners.
As per sources, the meeting of the Empowered Group of Secretaries, to finalize the payout to the central government employees did not take place as scheduled earlier on Saturday (June 11).
The Empowered Committee of Secretaries is functioning as a Screening Committee to process the recommendations with regard to all relevant factors of the Commission in an expeditious detailed and holistic fashion.
Government had earlier decided to set up a high-powered panel headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha in January this year to process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.
Media reports further state that after getting final nod from the Empowered Committee of Secretaries, Finance Ministry will take only a few days to implement the higher pay package for central government employees.
As per reports, the secretaries group may recommended a 30 percent increase in minimum and maximum basic pay structures along with doubling of existing rates of allowances and advances.
The 7th Pay Commission had suggested a maximum basic pay of Rs 2,50,000 and a minimum of Rs 18,000. A 30 percent increase would translate into maximum monthly salary of Rs 3,25,000 and minimum at Rs 23,400, respectively.
Source : http://zeenews.india.com/
- 7th Pay Commission – Minimum Pay 23,400,Maximum Pay 3,25,000,Double Rate of Allowances & Advances are in Empowered Committee’s Bag: Media Report
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get arrears in one installment ahead of Dusshera
- 7th Pay Commission: Secy panel to meet today to process recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission: Central Govt employees to get higher pay scales than proposed earlier
- Central Government approved to set up Empowered Committee to process the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission