Union Cabinet likely to discuss report on recommendations of 7th Pay Commission today
The Cabinet is likely to discuss the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission today. The recommendations will result in a hike in salaries of over one crore government employees and pensioners.
The pay panel had in November last year recommended 14.27 per cent hike in basic pay at junior levels. The entry level pay has been recommended to be raised to 18,000 rupees per month from current 7,000 rupees while the maximum pay, drawn by the Cabinet Secretary, has been fixed at 2.5 lakh rupees per month from current 90,000 rupees.
The date of implementation for the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission is from 1st of January this year. As per government estimates, the total financial impact of implementing the pay commission recommendations in the 2016-17 fiscal is likely to be 1.02 lakh crore rupees.
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations cleared by government
- 7th Pay Commission – Cabinet approves 23.6% overall pay hike
- UP Govt. likely to finalize 7th Pay Commission recommendations today
- 7th Pay Commission: Big Hike Cleared For Around 50 Lakh Government Employees
- Bonanza for Central government employees: 7th Pay Commission recommendations rolled out