Status of HRA and TA in 7th CPC Salary
The Government has decided to Constitute a committee to examine the 7th CPC Allowances. We cannot assume anything about the rates of Allowances until the Committee submit its report on Allowances.
Mainly the HRA and TA are one of the Main component of Salary.
So the government employees are disheartened by the Government decision to take time to decide on these allowances.
Already it has been reported that 7th CPC will be implemented in a staggered manner.
Now it is clear that, if the 7th Pay Commission come into force with immediate effect after publication of Gazette Notification, the HRA and TA will be paid at Sixth CPC rates in pre revised Scale. It means the amount of HRA and TA paid in Sixth CPC will continue for next few months. The Central staffs will be paid all the allowances in pre revised Scale up to the Committee decides on Allowances. It will take more than four months for Government to decide on HRA and TA.
So actual increase on account of 7th pay commission implementation will be 14.29 percent over Sixth CPC Basic + 125% DA. The increase in Basic Pay only will be reflecting in 7th CPC salary .
Nobody can say that 7th CPC gives 23.45% increase in Pay and Allowance for CG employees at least for some time.
Source : Govtstaffnews.in
- Central Staff are not yet given the full Benefit of 7th CPC Recommendation
- Not Revising HRA as per 7th CPC Recommendation is a big disappointment
- Revised rates of Allowances can be included in 7th Pay Commission Arrears calculation?
- VII CPC : Short Description about Sixth Pay Commission
- 7th CPC Expected HRA and Arrears Calculator 2017