7th CPC – Minimum Pension of Rs.9000 for Central Government Pensioner
The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has released the office memorandum F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 4th August 2016 of the 7th pay panel’s recommendations for the pensioners. As per the 7th Pay Commission Pension Order, the retired central government employees will now get a minimum pension of Rs 9,000, from the current Rs 3,500.
As per Office Memorandum, para 4.4
“4.4. The minimum pension with effect from 01.01.2016 will be Rs. 9000/- per month (excluding the element of additional pension to old pensioners). The upper ceiling on pension/family pension will be 50% and 30% respectively of the highest pay in the Government (The highest pay in the Government is Rs. 2,50,000 with effect from 01.01.2016).”
Also refer para 5 in the above said OM
“5. Where the revised pension /family pension in terms of paragraph 4.1 above works out to an amount less than Rs. 9000/-, the same shall be stepped up to Rs. 9000/-. This will be regarded as pension/family pension with effect from 1.1.2016.”
So, the Minimum pension will be Rs. 9000/- and maximum pension will be 2,50,000 with effect from 01.01.2016.
Basic pension shall be multiplied by 2.57 As per para 4.1 in the above said order,
“4.1 For existing pensioners, who have retired before 01.01.2016, the revised pension/family pension with effect from 01.01.2016 shall be determined by multiplying the pension/family pension, as had been fixed at the time of implementation of 6th Central Pay Commission (CPC) recommendations, by 2.57. The amount of revised pension/family pension so arrived at shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.”
Source : http://www.govtstaffnewsportal.in/
- Complete Guidelines for Central Government Pensioners
- Minimum and Maximum of 7th CPC Pension effect from 1.1.2016
- Revision of pension of BSNL pensioners/ family pensioners, who retired prior to 10.06.2013 by allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment
- PENSION CALCULATION AS PER 7TH CPC NOTIFICATION WITH ILLUSTRATION
- Revision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners