Exercise option within Three Months of the Date of Notification
To Exercise option under the provisos to rule 5 with in three months of the Notification of Revised Pay Rule 2016 is issued.
shall be exercised in writing in the form appended to these rules so as to reach the authority mentioned in sub-rule (2) within three months of the date of notification of Revised Pay Rule 2016.
Exercise of option :-
(1) The option under the provisos to rule 5 shall be exercised in writing in the form appended to these rules so as to reach the authority mentioned in sub-rule (2) within three months of the date of notification of these rules or where any revision in the existing pay structure is made by any order subsequent to the date of notification of these rules, within three months of the date of such order:
Provided that :-
(i) in the case of a Government servant who is, on the date of such notification or, as the case may be, date of such order, out of India on leave or deputation or foreign service or active service, the said option shall be exercised in writing so as to reach the said authority within three months of the date of his taking charge of his post in India; and
(ii) where a Government servant is under suspension on the 1st day of January, 2016, the option may be exercised within three months of the date of his return to his duty if that date is later than the date prescribed in this sub-rule.
(2) The option shall be intimated by the Government servant to the Head of his Office along with an undertaking, in the form appended to these rules.
(3) If the intimation regarding option is not received by the authority within the time specified in subrule (1), the Government servant shall be deemed to have elected to be governed by the revised pay structure with effect from the 1st day of January, 2016.
(4) The option once exercised shall be final.
Note 1: Persons whose services were terminated on or after 1st January, 2016 and who could not exercise the option within the prescribed time limit, on account of discharge on the expiry of the sanctioned posts, resignation, dismissal or discharge on disciplinary grounds, shall be entitled to exercise option under sub-rule (1).
Note 2: Persons who have died on or after the 1st day of January, 2016 and could not exercise the option within prescribed time limit are deemed to have opted for the revised pay structure on and from the 1st day of January, 2016 or such later date as is most beneficial to their dependents if the revised pay structure is more favorable and in such cases, necessary action for payment of arrears shall be taken by the Head of Office.
Note 3: Persons who were on earned leave or any other leave on 1st day of January, 2016 which entitled them to leave salary shall be entitled to exercise option under sub-rule (1).
Source : Finmin.nic.in
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation:Opportunity to Revise Option – Finmin Orders Dt. 12.12.2018
- Central Civil Services (RP) Rules 2016 : Rule No.1 to 17
- 7th CPC Option Anomaly : Non Grant of Option for Pay Fixation in Revised Pay
- Option for Promotion Cases after 25.7.2016 – MoD Clarification
- Exercising of Option for Fixation of Pay – Finmin Clarification