Implementation of recommendations of the VII CPC – issue of Resolution by the Ministry of Finance (Deptt of Expenditure)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Subject : Implementation of recommendations of the VII CPC – issue of Resolution by the Ministry of Finance (Deptt of Expenditure)
Ministry of Finance has issued the Resolution dt. 25.07.2016 regarding acceptance of the recommendations of the VII CPC by the Government of India. The Resolution provides, interalia, as under
(a) The Government, after consideration, has decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission in respect of the categories of employees covered in its Terms of Reference contained in the aforesaid Resolution dated the 28th February, 2014 in the manner as specified hereinafter.
(b) The recommendations on allowances (except Dearness Allowance ) will be referred to a Committee comprising Finance Secretary and Secretary (Expenditure) as Chairman and Secretaries of Home Affairs, Defence, Health and Family Welfare, Personnel and Training, Posts and Chairman, Railway Board as Members, The Committee will submit its report within a period of four months. Till a final decision on Allowances is taken based on the recommendations of this committee, all Allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st January, 2016.
(c) The Government has accepted the recommendations of the Commission on upgrading of posts except for those specified at Annexure III of the Resolutions. The recommendations on the upgradations specified at Annexure Ill will be separately examined by Department of Personnel and Training for taking a comprehensive view in the matter. These are as under:
|Name of Posts
(Para No. of 7 CPC Report)
Grade Pay recommended
by 7th CPC
Upgradation other than Apex Level
|1.||Assistant Accounts Officer,
Finance Div of Defence, MoD
|4800||5400 (PB-2) on completion
of 4 years service
Up-gradation to Apex scale
|2. Director General (Indian Coast Guard) (11.12.27)|
(d) Recommendations not relating to pay, pension and allowances and other administrative issues specific to Departments/Cadres/Posts will be examined by the Ministries/Departments concerned as per the Allocation of Business Rules or Transaction of Business Rules.
(e) Anomalies committees will be set up by Department of Personnel and Training to examine individual, post-specific and cadre-specific anomalies arising out of implementation of the recommendations of the Commission.
2. The above provisions of the Resolution are brought to the knowledge of all the Administrative Division of MoD for their information and for taking necessary action in respect of the posts/cadres existing under their control. The copy of the Resolution is available for download at the website of finmin.nic.in.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source : BPMS
- 7th Pay Commission Resolution for Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) of the Armed Forces
- 7th CPC Resolution for Defence Personnel Officers
- Discontinuation of Central Secretariat (Deputation on Tenure) Allowance to officers of Organized Group ‘A’ Services
- Fixed Medical Allowances on 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances – Finmin issued Resolution