7th Pay Commission: Final touches given to Allowances of central govt employees; may soon see disbursal
The Committee set up to review the Allowances sanctioned to central government employees under 7th Pay Commission is likely to have finalised Allowances for central government employees.
“Today there had been a crucial meeting of the Committee on Allowances. They may finalize all the allowances in today’s meeting itself or some of them”, said Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees, in a circular to its fraternity.
Mishra referred to the “crucial meeting of the Committee on Allowances” held on November 16.
The government had formed a committee headed by finance secretary Ashok Lavasa which has been mandated to submit its views on the 7th Central Pay Commission’s proposals on Allowance. The committee had held its first meeting on July 22 and had a four-month deadline to complete its task.
The CPC examined 196 allowances and given its recommendations on abolishing or raising some of them while recommending others to be subsumed with other perks.
Source : Zeenews
- News Report Claims that Cabinet will announce its decision on Allowances
- Meeting of the Committee on Allowances held on 25.10.2016 – NC JCM Staff Side
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances Committee: Top 10 Developments – www.7thpaycommissionnews.in
- 7th CPC Allowance Committee Meeting held on 28.3.2017 – AIRF
- 7th CPC Allowance Committee Report – Next Cabinet approval sought