Implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Revision of provisions regulating pension/ Gratuity/ commutation of pension/ family pension/ disability pension/ ex-gratia lump-sum compensation, etc
EMPLOYEES’ STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION
(An ISO 9001-2000 certified organisation)
PANCHDEEP BHAWAN C.I.G MARG NEW DELHI-2
Ph.- 011-23234092/ Fax – 011-23234537
Subject: Implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Revision of provisions regulating pension/ Gratuity/ commutation of pension/ family pension/ disability pension/ ex-gratia lump-sum compensation, etc.
Reference is invited to the following communication issued by Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare:-
1. F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 4th August, 2016.
2. F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(i) dated 4th August, 2016.
3. F.No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 4th August, 2016.
The above resolutions/ references (may please be downloaded from Government portal) of the Govt. of India have been adopted by the ESI Corporation in its 169th meeting held on 6th September, 2016 and ratified by the Ministry of Labour & Employment as communicated vide their letter NO.A- 11010/01/2016-SS-I dated 25.10.2016 to make it applicable to the ESI Pensioners. Accordingly it is requested to take immediate necessary action for revision of pension/ family pension of the ESIC pensioners.
For revision of pension of pre 2016 pensioners/ family pensioner, there is no necessity for the pension disbursing authority to refer the case to the Hqrs Office for revision of pension. The pension disbursing authority i.e. the field units should initiate suo-mote action for revision of pension and payment of arrears as per the Govt. of India Orders dated 4th August, 2016. The instructions as contained in the Office Memorandum dated 4th August, 2016 may be gone through carefully and pension be fixed and arrears disbursed at the earliest.
In the case of post 2016 pensioners/ family pensioner i.e. pensioner who retired/ retires on or after 1.1.2016, the Field Unit should submit the revised pension proposal based on the instructions of the Govt. of India circulated vide letter dated 4th August, 2016 to the Accounts Branch-IV (Hqrs Office) for issue of revised PPO.
Accordingly they are advised to obtain the option letters from the Govt. servants in terms of Rule 5 of Central Civil Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and action may be taken to process their cases expeditiously. Arrears, difference in pension, commutation, gratuity etc. shall be payable to them after getting HQ Office specific sanction.
It is also intimated that above revision of pension is to be pre- audited and due prescribed procedures may be ensured in this regard.
Receipt of this Memorandum may kindly be acknowledged.
Hindi version follows.
Source : http://esic.nic.in
- Implementation of Governments decision on the recommendation of the 7th CPC – Revision of provisions regulating pension/gratuity/commutation of pension/family pension/disability pension/ex-gratia lump-sum-compensation, etc
- 7th CPC on Pensionery Benefits – Pension/gratuity/commutation of pension/family pension/disability pension/ex-gratia lump-sum compensation
- Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendation to Pensioners and Family Pensioners of CSIR
- Payment of arrears of pensions to Pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006 – CPAO Orders on 4.9.2015
- When will the arrears get paid? – Dearness Relief