Pay element relating to Running Staff after the recommendations of Seventh CPC
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 24.01.2017
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways
and Production Units.
Sub.:- Pay element relating to Running Staff after the recommendations of Seventh CPC.
It has come to notice that on some of the zonal railways add-on pay element of 55% is not being reckoned for calculation of emoluments for the purpose of retirement benefits for the running staff on the basic pay fixed in the 7th CPC pay structure. As per Rule 924 (iii) of IREM-I that is still valid, 55% of Basic Pay is recokoned as add-on pay element for calculation of pension and DCRG of the Running Sitff. It is therefore advised that calculation of retirement benefits of the running staff may be made as per extant Rule 924 (iii) of IREM-I on the revised basic pay in the 7th CPC.
2. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directoiate of the Ministry of Railways.
- 30% addition to 7th CPC pay matrix for retirement benefits for Loco Inspectors
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board
- NFIR – Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC – Fitment Factor and pay Fixation for Running Staff
- Benefits duly reckoning 55% to 7th CPC Pay Matrix to Running Staff – NFIR
- Loco running staff as on April 2017 is 87196