Abolition of Advance of Leave Salary as per 7th CPC Recommendations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 27/2017
Dated : 23.03.2017
The General Managers and FA&CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub: Grant of Advances – Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations – Discontinuance of Advance of Leave Salary.
The Seventh Central Pay Commission vide Para 9.1.4 had recommended that all the interest free advances being granted to the Central Government employees should be abolished. The Government’s decision in this regard has been conveyed by the Ministry of Finance vide their OM No.12(1)/E.II(A)/2016 dated 07.10.2016. According to the instructions contained therein, the Advance of Leave Salary in addition to six other advances has been abolished.
2. The Government’s decision in respect of abolition of advance of leave salary has been considered by the Ministry of Railways in consultation with Finance Directorate. It has been decided to abolish Advance of Leave Salary w.e.f.07.10.2016. The cases where the advances have already been sanctioned need not be reopened.
3. The provisions in respect of advance of leave salary are contained in Rule No. 548 of Indian Railway Establish ment Code (IREC), Volume-I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition-2008). In view of this, in exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to direct that Rule No. 548 of IREC Vol.-I may be amended as in the enclosed Advance Correction Slip No.131
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
DA:- Correction Slip.
ADVANCE CORRECTION SLIP TO THE INDIAN RAILWAY ESTABLISHMENT CODE, VOLUME-I,1985 EDITION- (THIRD REPRINT EDITION -2008)
Advance Correction Slip No._131
The following amendments may be made to Rule No.548 of the Indian Railway Establishment Code, Volume -I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition – 2008):-
Rule 548 may be Substituted as under:
548.Advance of Leave Salary.
The Provision stands deleted as the advance in this regard has been abolished by the seventh Pay Commission.
(Authority: Railway Board’s Letter No.E(P&A)I-2017/CP/LE-2 dated 23.03.2017)
- Amendment in (Child Care Leave) CCL – Railway Board Orders
- Introduction of special leave connected to enquiry of sexual harassment
- Railway Order : Discontinuance of Natural Calamity Advance
- Correction in para 228 of Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Volume -I (Revised Edition1989) Edition -2009 Erroneous Promotions
- Grant of Advances- Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants