ACCEPTING OF E-AADHAAR AS PRESCRIBED PROOF OF IDENTITY FOR RESERVED JOURNEY
Ministry of Railways has decided to incorporate downloaded Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar) as prescribed proof of identity at par with printed Aadhaar card as mentioned in the list of prescribed proofs of identity which are valid for undertaking journey in trains in reserved class. Railway passengers may carry anyone of the below identity proof while travelling in reserved class coaches :
1.Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India
3.PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
4.Driving Licence issued by RTO
5.Photo Identity Card having serial number issued by Central/State Government.
6.Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their Students.
7.Nationalised Bank Passbook with Photograph
8.Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
9.Printed unique identification card “Aadhaar” or downloaded Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar).
10. Ration Card with photograph of passenger travelling.
- Aadhaar downloads cross 40 crore mark : UIDAI
- Validity of downloaded Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar) as Proof of identity
- Aadharr – No Need to Print it on Plastic/PVC Card or Laminated
- m-Aadhar – Proof of Identity for Rail Travel
- FAQ for Central Civil Services – Identity Card