Admissibility of Deputation (Duty) Allowance while on deputation beyond 5th Year
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated: 19.06.2017
The General Managers /FA&CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units incl. RDSO,
(As per Standard Mailing List)
Sub: Admissibility of Deputation (Duty) Allowance while on deputation beyond 5th Year.
Consolidated guidelines on ‘Deputation’ have been issued by DOP&T vide their O.M. No. 6/8/2009-Estt.(
Pay-II) dated 17.06.2010 & No. 2/6/2016-Estt. (Pay-II) Dated 17.02.2016 which have been adopted/circulated on the Railways vide Board’s letter dated 28.07.2010 & 21.04.2016 respectively.
2. Further, DOP&T in the context of their O.M No. 2/6/2016-Estt. (Pay-II) Dated 17.02.2016 (wherein, powers were delegated to Ministries/Deptt./Dorrowing organizations to extend deputation tenure upto a period not exceeding seven (7) years at a stretch) have reiterated vide their O.M No. 2/6/2016-Estt. (Pay-II) dated23.02.2017 that deputation (duty) allowance is admissible only upto the fifth year, if the deputationist has opted to draw deputation (duty) allowance.
3. A copy of these instructions is sent herewith for information/guidance. These will apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway employees also.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
(Amir Chand Jain)
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)
- 7th CPC Charge Allowance – Railway Board Orders
- Admissibility of HRA during Study Leave
- Rates of Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2016
- Rates of Night Duty Allowance (NDA) w.e.f. 01.07.2011 to Industrial Staff / Employees in Railways
- Issue of Admissibility of HRA – Railway Board Orders