Ex-Servicemen Welfare – ECHS – Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospitals in Emergency
Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospitals in Emergency. Specialized treatment for serious cases (beyond the facilities available at the Polyclinics) is provided at Military and empanelled private hospitals. Rates for treatment at private empanelled hospitals are as per CGHS rates.
In case of emergency, report to nearest military medical facility / empanelled hospital. In case these are not accessible then members are permitted to avail medical treatment at non- empanelled hospital on payment. Their medical treatment bills are reimbursed at approved (CGHS) rates. The conditions of Emergency are as under:-
(a) Acute Cardiac conditions/ syndromes.
(b) Vascular catastrophies.
(c) Cerebro-Vascular accidents.
(d) Acute respiratory emergencies.
(e) Life threatening injuries.
(f) Acute poisonings and snake bite.
(g) Acute endocrine emergencies.
(j) Heat stroke and cold injuries of life threatening nature.
(k) Acute renal failure.
(l) Severe infections leading to life threatening situations.
(m) Any other condition in which delay could result in loss of life or limb.
- Medical Emergency Conditions Included Under The Purview of CGHS Act
- Guidelines on referral system in CGHS – Referral Mechanism by CGHS
- Simplification of Procedure for Treatment at CGHS Empanelled Private Hospitals
- Grant of Advance for Cancer treatment in Non-Empanelled Private Hospitals / Private Nursing Home under CGHS / CS (MA) Rules
- Reimbursement for CGHS Beneficiaries for Treatment in Non Empanelled Hospitals