Extension of age limit of retired Railway Doctors as Contact Medical Practitioners upto the age of 70 years – NFIR
The Director General(Personnel)
The Director General (RHS)
Sub: Extension of age limit of retired Railway Doctors as Contact Medical Practitioners upto the age of 70 years-reg.
Ref: NFIR’s letter No.II/13(B) dated 10/05/2016, 23/05/2016, 22/08/2016, 25/11/2016, 14/02/2017 & 10/04/2017
Kind attention is invited to Federation’s letters cited above and my discussions with DG(P) wherein the Federation had requested that the retired Railway Doctors may be allowed to be reappointed upto the age of 70 years on the specific recommendation of concerned CMD for such appointment against a vacant post. As a result of discussions, the DG(P) said that the Board would consider processing the case for permitting the retired Railway Doctors for reappointment subject to the upper age limit being 68 years.
It is, however, learnt that there has been no progress towards revising the existing age limit of 65 years upwardly. Federation, therefore, once again requests to kindly arrange to take necessary action for allowing the reappointment of retired Railway Doctors on the specific approval of concerned CMD atleast upto the age of 68 years.
- Retirement Age of Doctors – Travel Entitlements
- Appointment of retired Railway employees as facilitators for issuing of unreserved tickets through ATVMs – removal of upper age limit restriction – requested
- Discussions of GS/NFIR held with Railway Board on 31/01/2018 – NFIR
- Non-payment of Fixed Medical Allowance to the Retired Railway Employees – cases of N.W. Railway-reg
- Retirement Age 65 in Railways for IMRS and Dental Doctors – Railway Board