Relaxation in return filing procedure for first two months of GST implementation
With the objective of ensuring smooth rollout of GST and taking into account the concerns expressed by the trade and industry regarding filing of the returns in GST regime, it has been decided that, for the first two months of GST implementation, the tax would be payable based on a simple return (Form GSTR-3B) containing summary of outward and inward supplies which will be submitted before 20th of the succeeding month. However, the invoice-wise details in regular GSTR – 1 would have to be filed for the month of July and August, 2017 as per the timelines given below –
|Month||GSTR – 3B||GSTR – 1||GSTR – 2 (auto populated from GSTR-1)|
|July, 2017||20th August||1st – 5th September*||6th – 10th September|
|August, 2017||20th September||16th – 20thSeptember||21st – 25th September|
* Facility for uploading of outward supplies for July, 2017 will be available from 15th July, 2017.
No late fees and penalty would be levied for the interim period. This is intended to provide a sense of comfort to the taxpayers and give them an elbow room to attune themselves with the requirements of the changed system. This not only underlines the government’s commitment towards ensuring that all the stakeholders are on board but also provides an opportunity to the taxpayers to be ready for this historic reform.
- CBDT extends due date for E-filing up to 7.9.2015
- Extension of date of filing of Income Tax Return throughout India – CBDT
- Special counters for filing returns of Income from 31st July,2013 to 5th August,2013, New Delhi.
- Filing returns of assets and liabilities : Last date extended to 31.07.2016
- Filing of income tax return deadline extended