Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Suggestions ; if any, from all concerned including general public
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 20th June, 2017
Sub: Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Suggestions; if any, from all concerned including general public.
The undersigned is directed to enclose a copy of draft instructions bringing them in line with THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016 with regard to reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the posts/services Under the Central Government.
2. The issue of reservation in promotion for persons with Disabilities is sub-judice in various cases in the Hon’ble Supreme Court including Civil Appeal No.1567/2017 titled Siddaraju Vs State of Karnataka & Ors and Review Petition (C) No.36/2017 tagged with it.
3.It is requested that the draft instructions may be examined and suggestions, if any, may be sent to this Department within 15 days of the issue of this Office Memorandum through e-mail only at q.sreenivasannic.in and debabrata.d13nic.in
Under Secretary to the Govt.of India
- Quota in jobs for persons with disability
- Committee for Benchmark Feasibility Prescribed in Rights of Persons with Disabilities – DoP
- Dopt Orders – Reservation for persons with disabilities – Computation of reservation
- DOPT ORDER – Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents
- Verification of claims of candidates belonging to SCs, STs and OBCs for purpose of appointment to posts/services – Dopt orders