DOPT ORDER- 7TH CPC PENSION REVISION OF PRE- 2016 PENSIONERS/ FAMILY PENSIONERS TO ALL INDIA SERVICE PENSIONERS
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 11th September, 2017
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/ family pensioners etc. – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s letter of even number dated 19th May 2017 vide which the instructions dated 12th May 2017 relating to revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners issued by Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare in the context of implementation of VII CPC recommendations, were extended to All India Service (AIS) Pensioners. The said letter dated 19th May 2017 was also sent to all Ministries / Departments of Government of India (copy enclosed).
2. Many retired AIS Officers who are drawing pension from the Central Government, have since voiced grievances at various levels, stating that pension revision in pursuance of the order dated 19th May 2017 has not taken place so far.
3. It is observed in this regard that CPAO, with the approval of the Controller General of Accounts, have issued instructions on 25th May 2017 to Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts /Chief Controller of Accounts etc. about the modalities to be followed for expeditious implementation of the instructions dated 12th May 2017 of the D/o Pension & PW. Joint Secretary (Admn) / Admin in charge of Ministries / Departments have also been requested by CPAO to instruct their Head of Offices (HOOs) to start immediately sending the revised pension cases to the PAOs on the basis of records available with them and monitor the progress in this regard. Further follow up instructions have also been issued by CPAO on 7th July 2017.
4. In view of the hardships being encountered by retired AIS Officers vis-a-vis revision of their pensions, all Ministries / Departments are requested to take necessary action for effective and expeditious implementation of the instructions dated 19th May 2017 pertaining to revision of pension of AIS Officers read with D/o Pension and PW instructions dated 12th May 2017.
(Rajesh Kumar Yadav)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel.: 011 – 2309 4714
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- CPAO needs updated statement of revision of pension cases status
- 7th CPC Pension Revision Status
- Status of Revision of Pension Under 7th CPC – CPAO
- Payment of Arrears of pension to pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01/01/2006 – CPAO Orders on 21.1.2016