m-Aadhar – Proof of Identity for Rail Travel
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
13-September-2017 16:34 IST
Ministry of Railways permits m-Aadhar as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel Purpose.
Ministry of Railways has decided to permit m- Aadhar (Aadhar card on mobile app namely m- Aadhar launched by UIDAI) as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel purpose in any reserved class.
m-Aadhar is a mobile app launched by UIDAI on which a person can download his/her Aadhar Card. It can be done only on the mobile number to which Aadhar has been linked. For showing Aadhar, the person has to open the app and enter his/ her password to show the Aadhar Card.
m-Aadhar when shown by the passenger on his/her mobile after entering the password should be accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways. It is effective from 8th September 2017.
- Accepting of E-Aadhaar as Prescribed Proof of Identity for Reserved Journey
- How to Print CGHS Card Online? and How to update Mobile and Aadhaar?
- Integration of AADHAR Number With CGHS beneficiary number
- Facility of I-Ticket For Defence Personnel
- Aadhaar downloads cross 40 crore mark : UIDAI