7th CPC Extra Work Allowance – MoD Orders dt.16.11.2017
Instruction regarding Grant of Extra Work Allowance, Dress Allowance and Tough location Allowance
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi, the 16th Nov, 2017
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Grant of Extra Work Allowance (abolition of existing Flight Charge Certificate Allowance) – decision of the Government on the recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
I am directed to refer to MoD letter No.1(54)/2008/D(Pay/Services) dated 04.11.2008 and Department of Expenditure OM No.12-3/2016-E.III(A) dated 20.07.2017 and to say that consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission vide Ministry of Finance Resolution No.11-1/2016-1C, Flight Charge Certificate Allowance has been abolished as a separate allowance and the President is pleased to decide that the eligible personnel shall now to be covered under a New Extra Work Allowance which shall be governed as under:-
(a) Extra Work Allowance will be paid at a uniform rate of 2% (two percent) of the basic pay per month.
(b) An employee shall receive this allowance for a maximum period of one year, and there should be minimum gap of one year before the same employee is deployed for similar duty again.
(c) This allowance should not be combined, i.e., if same employee is performing two or more such duties and is ellqible for 2 percent allowance for each add-on, then the total Extra Work Allowance payable will remain capped at 2 percent of basic pay.
(d) The other terms and conditions would continue to be applicable along with their admissibility (unless otherwise stated) as mentioned in MoD letter dated 04.11.2008 and otherwise.
3. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 20174.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Defence (Finance) vide their Diary No.446/AG/PD dated 05.10.2017.
Joint Secretary to the Govt of India
- 7th CPC Extra Work Allowance (abolition of existing Library Allowance)
- Extra Work Allowance 2 Percent of Basic Pay – Finmin Order
- Extra Work Allowance : Grant uniform rate of 2% of Basic pay per month
- Grant Of Extra Work Allowance – Extra Duty Allowance
- 7th CPC Allowances Related to Working on Holidays