Meeting held with Hon’ble RM Smt Nirmala Sitharaman on 09.11.2017
REF: BPMS / MOD / Meeting / 173 (8/1/M)
Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman,
Defence Minister, Government of India,
South Block, New Delhi
Subject – Meeting with BPMS delegation.
We are grateful to your good self for granting an opportunity to reflect our concerns/views on the following matters:-
1. On the recommendations of Shekatkar Committee/Committee of Experts, 14 Station Workshops, 04 Ordnance Depots, 43 Military Farms, Army Postal Services are going to be closed down/disbanded. All the Army Base Workshops are going to be run on the „GOCO‟ model. Implementation of the above will affect the 31012 permanent Civilian employees and more than 01 lakh indirect workers.
Disbandment of above Defence Installation will adversely affect the job opportunities to the communities like Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes, Minorities, Female, Differently Able Persons, Meritorious Sports Persons, reemployment of ex-serviceman, regional development through direct/indirect employment, non-employment issues like school/colleges, market, hospitals etc. in the vicinity of the establishments, monopolistic approach by the private players, public
In such circumstances, how can the Government fulfill the dreams of Hon‟ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas: Collective Efforts, Inclusive Growth”?
Considering the impact on the regular employees, casual workers, contract workers and society as a stakeholder due to disbandment of above defence establishments, this federation requests to your good self to reconsider and revoke the decision of disbandment/closure of these Defence Installations.
2. Grant of one time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% limit for compassionate appointment in Defence establishments is pending since long in Min of Defence. You are requested to expedite the same.
3. You are requested to grant a separate meeting for discussion on vital issues of Ordnance Factory Organization (OFB).
Thanking you in anticipation.
- Meeting with Hon’ble Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman on 04.10.2017 – BPMS
- Meeting with Chief Engineer Southern Command – BPMS
- Overtime Allowance (OTA) as per revised pay to the employees of Defence Industrial Establishments – BPMS
- Overtime Allowance as per 7th CPC for Defence Industrial Employees
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS