No proposal to withdraw cheque book facility in banks: Finance Ministry
NEW DELHI: Refuting an earlier report that cheque book facility would be withdrawn to push digital transactions, the Ministry of Finance on Thursday clarified that there is no such proposal under consideration.
To recap, just last week, Confederation of All India Traders+ (CAIT) Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal said, “In all probability, the Centre may withdraw the cheque book facility in the near future to encourage digital transactions.”
- Rs.5 discount for on-line payment of LPG refill
- Encouraging usage of Debit Cards among Government employees
- No proposal to discontinue the Digital Life Certificate for the Pensioners
- BENEFITS OF DEBIT CARD ACTIVATION – FAQ
- Government Clarification on Amendment to Payment of Wages Act