Observance of ‘Armed Forces Flag Day’ on 7th December, 2017
Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Home Affairs/Grih Mantralaya
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 30th November, 2017
Sub: Observance of ‘Armed Forces Flag Day’ on 7th December, 2017 – Regarding.
It has been decided to observe the 7th December, 2017 (Thursday) as ‘Armed Forces Flag Day’ throughout the country. Kendriya Sainik Board, Ministry of Defence has requested for raising funds through distribution of Token flags, booklets and brochures and collection of contributions by volunteers from amongst the staff of the Ministry for the noble cause of support to the families of our martyrs, the disabled ex-servicemen and their dependents.
2. Teams of volunteers from the staff of MHA(P) shall be on duty on the 7th December, 2017 at the four gates of North Block viz. Gate No.4, 5, 6 and 8 to receive donations. Staff shall also be deputed in the offices of MHA(P) located at NDCC-II Building, MDCNS and Jaisalmer House for collection of contributions.
3. It is requested to contribute generously for Armed Forces Flag Day Fund to support the families of our martyrs, the disabled ex-servicemen and their dependents.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Reservation Policy for Recruitment of Ex-Servicemen in CPSEs
- Donate Minimum to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Revision of rate of Penury Grant from Rs.1,000 p.m. to Rs.4,000 p.m. w.e.f. 01.04.2017
- Financial Assistance to Ex-Servicemen
- Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents – Dopt Orders on 5.1.2016