CPPCs Advised to Issue Form-16 by 31st of May every year – CPAO
Deduction of Income Tax at the time of making payment
“All Heads of CPPCs are advised to deduct the income tax at the time of each payment itself and issue Form-16 by 31st of May every year”
Subject:- Deduction of Income Tax at the time of making payment.
It is observed that some of the banks are not following the guidelines of the Income Tax Act regarding tax deduction on pension payments. Pensioners have raised grievances relating to the deduction of Income Tax at the fag end of the year causing undue financial hardship to the pensioners. Moreover, there is considerable delay in the issuance of Form-16 to the pensioners and in some cases, Form-16 are not being issued to the pensioners.
In view of the above, all Heads of CPPCs are advised to deduct the income tax at the time of each payment itself and issue Form-16 by 31st of May every year and follow the Income-tax guidelines issued from time to time.
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
- Non-issue of Pension slip by banks
- Payment of Arrears of pension to pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01/01/2006 – CPAO Orders on 21.1.2016
- Intimation of Recovery of Excess/Over Payment Made to Pensioners – CPAO Orders
- CPAO reminder on payment of arrears of pension to pre‐ 2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate