Increase in 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor – Rajya Sabha Q&A
INCREASE IN MINIMUM PAY AND FITMENT FACTOR
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-1170
Increase in minimum pay and fitment factor
1170 . Shri Neeraj Shekhar
(a) whether Government is actively contemplating to increase minimum pay from Rs.18,000/- to Rs.21,000/- and fitment factor from 2.57 to 3, in view of resentment among Central Government employees over historically lowest increase in pay by 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC);
(b) if so, the details thereof and the date from which it would be implemented; and
(c ) if not, the reasons for the callous attitude of Government towards Government Employees?
MINISTER OF STATE FOR FINANCE ( SHRI P RADHAKRISHNAN )
(a),(b)&(c ): The minimum pay of Rs.18,000/- p.m. and fitment factor of 2.57 are based on the specific recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission in the light of the relevant factors taken into account by it. Therefore, no change therein is at present under consideration.
- Increase of Fitment Factor from 2.57 to 3.68 under 7th CPC?
- Raising Retirement Age of CG Employees to 62 years from 60
- Govt May Not Raise Minimum Pay to 26,000 and Fitment Factor 3.68 Times
- Questions raised in Parliament regarding 7th CPC Notification and Fitment Factor
- 7th CPC Fitment and HRA – No Change Therein is Envisaged