Shortage of manpower in Central Government offices
Shortage of manpower in Government offices
The number of sanctioned posts and number in position in various Ministries/Departments as available in the Annual Report on Pay and Allowances of Central Government Civilian Employees 2016-17 as on 1.3.2016, published by Pay Research Unit, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, is at Annexure ‘A’.
The posts sanctioned in Ministries/ Departments are required to be filled as per the Recruitment Rules as and when vacancies arise. A number of steps have been taken for streamlining the procedure for conducting meeting of Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) for promotions which includes issue of model calendar for conduct of DPCs, the reckoning of APARs for consideration of promotion etc. Steps have also been taken for streamlining direct recruitment process by doing away with interviews for lower level posts, introduction of computer based examinations and simplification of pre-appointment procedures.
- Hiring of Staff in Central Government Service
- Group wise vacancy position in Central Govt Departments
- Filling 2 Million Vacancies in Various Departments
- Vacant Posts in Different Categories
- Filling up the vacant posts in Central Government Installations.