Payment of arrears accruing in respect of deceased pensioners/family pensioners to the nominee/legal heir
Subject: Payment of arrears accruing in respect of deceased pensioners/family pensioners to the nominee/legal heir.
On death of the pensioners/family pensioners, the pension account is closed by the bank and the balance amount in the account of pensioners/family pensioners is paid to the nominees/legal heirs. However, it is observed that the life time arrears arising subsequently on account of Pay Commission etc. are not paid to the nominees/legal heirs of the deceased pensioners/family pensioners either on account of fact that the pension/family pension is not revised by the concerned Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) or the amount of arrears of revised pension/family pension is not paid due to closure of the bank account. In such cases action is to be taken by the concerned Pay & Accounts Officer as per provision of para 7.5.6 of the Civil Accounts Manual (copy attached).
DP&PW vide its OM No. 1/22/2012-P&PW (E) dated 10th July, 2013 (copy enclosed) has clearly defined the procedure so that nominees/legal heirs of pensioners/family pensioners are not subjected to harassment in claiming the payment of arrears of pension.
In view of the above, all the Head of Offices/PAOs/CPPCs of banks are requested to comply with the procedure as mentioned in the above OM of DP&PW for speedy settlement of claims of pension arrears.
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansar)
(Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
- Payment of Arrears of family pension
- 7th CPC Pension and Arrears : Banks are directed to ensure adequate infrastructure & manpower for pension processing
- Recovery of Excess Payment Made to Pensioners – CPAO Orders
- Payment of arrears of pensions to Pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006 – CPAO Orders on 4.9.2015
- CPAO reminder on payment of arrears of pension to pre‐ 2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006