Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective 01.01.2018 onwards
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
(Establishment Division)/P.A.P. Section
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110 001.
Dated: 24 April, 2018
All Chief Postmaster General
All G.Ms. (PAF)/Directors of Accounts (Posts).
Subject: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective 01.01.2018 onwards —reg.
Consequent upon grant of another instalment of Dearness Allowance with effect from 1st January, 2018 to the Central Government Employees vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No.1/1/2018-E-II(B) dated 15.03.2018, duly endorsed vide this Department’s letters No. 8-1/2016-PAP dated 19.03.2018 and Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No.1/3/2008-E.II(B) dated 28.03.2018, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) have also become entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowances on basic TRCA at the same rates as applicable to Central Government Employees with effect from 01.01.2018. It has, therefore, been decided that the Dearness Allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 139% to 142% on the basic Time Related Continuity Allowance, with effect from the 1st January, 2018.
2. The Dearness Allowance payable under this order shall be paid in cash to all Gramin Dak Sevaks.
3. The expenditure on this account shall be debited to the Head “Salaries” under the relevant head of account and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No 05/FA/2018/CS dated 24/04/2018.
Assistant Director General (Estt.)
- DA Orders for Postal Gramin Dak Sevaks(GDS) Effective from July 2018
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective 01.07.2017
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.1.2014 – FINANCE MINISTRY
- Finmin Orders : Dearness Allowance from Jan 2016 to Central Government Employees and Pensioners