Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants Under FR 56(j)
“Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants Under Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j), Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (CCS) (Pension) Rule, 1972”
Policy for Removal of Non-Performing Civil Servants
The provisions under Fundamental Rules (FR) 56(j), Rule 48 of Central Civil Services (CCS) (Pension) Rule, 1972 and Rule, 16(3) (Amended) of All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) [AIS (DCRB)] Rules, 1958 have laid down the policy of periodic review and premature retirement of non-performing Government servants.
Up to January, 2018, a total of 21,195 Group ‘A’ and 47,039 Group ‘B’ officers have been reviewed, out of which provisions of FR 56(j) and relevant rules were invoked/recommended against 83 Group ‘A’ and 128 Group ‘B’ officers, including 15 officers of All India Services.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh, in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
- Review of Work Performance under FR 56(j)
- Central Civil Services (Leave) Second Amendment Rules 2017 – Dopt Notification
- Submission of Declaration of Immovable Property Returns by the Government servants
- The Fundamental (Amendment) Rules, 2017 – DoPT
- Schemes for Retired Employees : PIB