West Bengal declares additional holiday for “May Day”
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
325, SARAT CHATTERJEE ROAD, HOWRAH-711 102
31st March, 2018
In order to celebrate May Day, which falls on 1st May, 2018 (Tuesday), in a befitting manner, the Governer is pleased to declare State Government holiday on 2nd May, 2018 (Wednesday), in addition to 1st May, 2018 which has already been notified as a public holiday vide Notification No.6005-E(P2)/FA/O/lH-04/2012 dated 22.9.2017.
All State Government offices including educational institutions, Rural and Urban Local Bodies, Authorities, Boards, Corporations, State Government Undertakings and other parastatals under the State Government, shall remain closed on 2nd May, 2018 (Wednesday) in addition to 1st May, 2018.
By order of the Governor,
Government of West Bengal
- PAID HOLIDAY ON 1ST MAY in WEST BENGAL
- 18% DA to WB State Govt Employees w.e.f. 1.1.2019
- Retirement Age Enhanced to 62 in West Bengal
- Holiday for Central & State Government Employees on 31st December 2010
- Child Care Leave to WB Female Teachers at par with CG Employees