Grant of OTA to Railway Employees Consequent upon Revision of Pay Scales and Allowances
“Grant of Overtime Allowance (OTA) to Railway employees Consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances- date of effect”
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
S.No. PC-VII/ 98
RBE No. 41/2018
New Delhi, dated 20.03.2018
The General Managers
All Indian Railways and Production Units.
(as per mailing list)
Sub: Grant of Overtime Allowance (OTA) to Railway employees Consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances- date of effect.
Ref: Board’s letter of even No. dated 28-11-2017 (RBE No. 175/2017)
Pursuant to the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, the rates of OTA have been revised w.e.f. 01-7-2017 vide Board’s letter of even number dated 28-11-2017 (RBE No.175/2017). The issue of revising the date of effect of OTA w.e.f. 01-01-2016 had been under consideration and it has been decided that the basic pay and DA element for the purpose of OTA may be antedated to 01-01-2016 and other elements constituting emoluments for the purpose of OTA viz. HRA and Transport allowance etc. shall be taken into account at revised rates w.e.f. 01-7-2017 as per the 7th CPC recommendations.
2. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
3. Hindi version is enclosed.
Deputy Director, Pay Commission-V
- Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) and Patient Care Allowance (PCA)
- Rates of Dearness Allowance applicable to Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised scale
- Rates of Dearness Allowance applicable w.e.f. 01-01-2013 to the Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised scale as per 5th CPC.
- 7th CPC Stipend Rates for Railway Apprentices
- Rate of Dearness Allowance applicable w.e.f.1.7.2016 to Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scale/grade pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission