Historic 48 Hours Strike Commenced with Big Bangs
ALL INDIA BANK OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION
May 30, 2018
All UNITS /STATE COMMITTEES
WELL BEGUN HALF DONE.
HISTORIC 48 HOURS STRIKE HAS COMMENCED WITH BIG BANG.
MASSIVE RESPONSE BY THE BANKING WORKFORCE.
In response to the call of 48 hours strike given by the nine constituents consisting of 4 officers’ organisations and 5 workmen organisations, the entire work force in the banks, have collectively responded to the directions given by the unions. Reports are pouring in from various parts of the country that the response is unprecedented. Unmindful of the soaring temperature, the participation by the members established in unmistakable terms that the level of dissatisfaction is crossed the tolerance level.
2. Looking to the developments that has rocked the Banking system in the last week of January 2018, the responsible and responsive organisations in Banking, took a right decision to postpone the one day strike in Feb, 2018 and responded to the situation by holding a Dharna on 21st March, 2018 at Delhi. The delegation met the Hon’ble Finance Minister and also the Secretary D.F.S. Government of India, which facilitated for a meeting with IBA after six months period. It was a bolt from the blue on 5th May, 2018, that IBA offered a meagre increase of 2% in pay slip components based on the establishment charges as at 31.03.2018. As far as officers are concerned that IBA’s stand on negotiations upto Scale III was certainly unacceptable. In spite of CLC counseling in the conciliation meeting held on 28th May, 2018, the approach of the IBA was all the more intriguing.
3. The four officers’ representatives meeting with Additional Secretary DFS, as decided earlier, facilitated the change in the approach with respect to the negotiations upto Scale VII. But there was no urgency felt on the part of the IBA, to avert the strike, by proposing the mid course correction in the overall atmosphere of negotiations. The last minute half hearted approach by the authorities is also unjust.
TO Conclude; SUCCESS IS NOT SOMETHING READYMADE. IT COMES FROM YOUR OWN SET OF ACTIONS PERFORMED.
MOVE ON, MOVE TOGETHER, MAKE THE STEPS MORE MEMORABLE IN THE ANNALS OF THE HISTORY OF MANKMEN.
- IBA Invites UFBU for Negotiations on Wage Revision fixed on 21.2.2018
- 11th BPS Update : Management Issues (10 Points)
- State-level Rallies on 11th May & Strike on 25th May postponed – AIBEA
- Bank employees to observe one-day strike on July 29
- Bank Employees Wage Revision Talks with IBA